Friday 3 May 2013

Street session - thursday & friday

Finally I had a some time in Stockholm city to go shooting the streets. I am still learning stuff about the Fujifilm X100 every time I shoot. I now had the camera for about 9 months and it's a tricky one. The X100 is not for everyone, that is for sure. The auto focus tends to miss and acts a bit nervous, and it is in my opinion a bit on the slow side for fast action street shooting. Therefore I have been practicing shooting in manual focus mode and using zone focusing. This works quite well out in the day light (using smaller apertures 5,6-11), but becomes quite hard to use when shooting in the subway, because of the low light conditions in this underground dungeon. In the subway I mostly use aperture values between 2-4 which result in a shallow depth of field and zone focusing is not really an option. Even though I use the X100 every day it feels like it will take years to fully master this little brick of a camera, and I have a feeling that I will unfold some of the secrets how to fully use this black magic of a camera (I have the Black Limited edition). Enough camera talk, here are some new photos from the streets and Stockholm subway. 

Time for coffee

Street walk

The writing on the wall

Time for coffee and reflection

Numbers

 Waiting for the train

Between friends (modern version)

on/off (please leave some room)

When I close my eyes, the world disappears

Phone company #5

Lady in red

No comments:

Post a Comment