Monday 13 May 2013

Who is the Fuji street shooter?

Well, I guess it’s about time I do a proper presentation now when the blog has been up and running for more than 2 months and I put up more than 80 photos on the blog.

My name is Hans G Bäckman and I am 39 years old. I live in Stockholm Sweden with my wife and two boys aged 2 and 4. I am a guy with many interests and I have been working with allot of different things and ran allot of different projects the last 25 years. I have been self-employed for most of my working life and for the last 15 years or so I have been working as a stock market trader. Between 1993 and 1999 I lived in Gothenburg and worked as a sailmaker.  After I met my wife I moved to Stockholm in 1999.

I took my first photograph when I was three years old and I remember it very well, it was a family portrait of the rest of my family and it turned out pretty well. After my first photo I did some shooting with an Agfamatic 2000 pocket sensor shooting 110 film cartridges. This was in the late 70s and early 80s and I was 5-10 years old. After this period I had a long “break” from photography and it wasn’t until the end of the 80s I started to find my way back to photography.

When the family were on holiday or when I went on trips with school, many other children would pack a camera to bring home some memories but I didn’t care (or have enough interest) to use a camera back in those days. In 1988 I started to borrow my father’s Konika FT-1 motor, a fixed 40mm lens and only manual controls and no autofocus. This was a great learning tool as I learned to understand the basics of photography and how to get correct exposure. I used this camera along with a Minolta rangefinder for almost 10 years, until I bought my very first SLR. But more about this in a later post…


Over there!


Shades #2

[untitled]

No comments:

Post a Comment